Just as I thought, as soon as I hit the post button they was a clamoring, a cacophony of whining complaints, “What about me? You used to admire my works for hours!
Nothing worse than artists being rejected. For the record, I wasn’t rejecting my past loves, I just didn’t have the room!!!
So here is another twenty!
1. William Turner, 1789-1862- everything
Rain, Steam and Speed – The Great Western Railway. The first Impressionist!
2. M.C. Escher, 1898-1972- everything
Hands. The only other artist that I’ve met. He didn’t speak English. We nodded at each other.
3. Winslow Homer, 1836-1910- everything
The Gulf Stream. The master at watercolor. How does he do that?
4. Charles Sheeler, 1883-1965- everything
Golden Gate. He made factories beautiful
5. Andy Goldsworthy, 1956- – everything
Cairn at Penpoint. Oh, to walk in the English woods and find a Goldsworthy.
6. Filippo Brunelleschi, 1377-1446- everything
The Duomo Dome. A brilliant architect!
7. Gian Bernini, 1598-1680- everything
The Ectasy of St. Teresa. It’s stone, I cant believe it’s stone!
The Rape of Proserpina. Finger indents!
8. Frank Stella, 1936- ,- most everything
Sinjerli, Variation 1. First fell in love at SeaTac Airport, mural after mural of Stella.
9. HR Giger, 1940-2014- most everything
Alien. Recently died, a real loss. Suffered from night truama, most serious case studied.
10. Paulo Uccello, 1397-1475- most everything
Battle at San Romano. He loved perspective more than his wife (she said). Look at the guy laying down, the first foreshortening!!
11. Masaccio, 1401-1428 – most everything
The Tribute Money. He invented perspective in painting!! That building!!
12. Leonardo DaVinci, 1452-1519- most everything
Self Portrait. I know, the Mona Lisa, he did do other stuff!
13. Paul Cezanne, 1839-1906- most everything
Card Players. And the oranges… the peaches!!
14. Edgar Degas, 1834-1917- most everything
Dancers in Blue. See my menu of dancers for my homage to Degas
15. Sandro Botticelli, 1445-1510- most everything
Angel, no words
16. Edward Hopper, 1882-1967- most everything
17. Amadeo Modigliani, 1884-1920- selected
Jeanne Hebuterne With Hat And Necklace. African masks!
18. Frida Kahlo, 1907-1954- selected
Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird. Frida can be hard to look at.
19. Pablo Picasso, 1881-1973- selected
20. Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010- selected
Conan, the Barbarian, paperback covers were never the same.
And where is Georgia O’Keefe?